Tax Sale Information
County Tax Sale Excess Funds
IF YOUR ANNUAL REAL ESTATE TAX BILL IS NOT PAID IN FULL BY April 30th, tax sale proceedings will begin on delinquent accounts pursuant to Section 14-813 of the Tax-Property Article. The County is required to advertise the property four times prior to the June Tax Sale. Should the property be advertised, the owner is responsible for the advertising expense. If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Finance.
As of May 1st of each year the County imposes restrictions on payment methods for delinquent bills because the bills have entered the advertising phase of the tax collection process (tax sale). The following restrictions are therefore imposed:
- Payment must be for the full amount of all outstanding delinquent amounts due the county and municipality plus interest, penalties, and advertising costs.
- No partial payments will be accepted.
- A partial payment made by credit card or debit card through Official Payments Corporation will be rejected and the property will continue through the Real Estate Tax Sale Process.
- No personal checks will be accepted.
- No electronic personal checks will be accepted.
- Cash, money order, bank check, credit card, or debit card will be accepted.
NOTE: No debit or credit cards will be accepted within the 5 days prior to the tax sale.
Tax sale will be June 14, 2023 at 10AM at the Wicomico Civic Center. Pre-registration will end on June 13, 2023. The day of sale registration will be between 8:30-9:30.