Fiscal Year Budget Time Line
- October - On or before October 1, all county department heads or agencies must submit to the County Executive a description and estimate of all capital projects already authorized and any new projects they would like to undertake within the next five fiscal years. (Project lists must be sent to the Planning and Zoning Commission for comments before submitting them to the County Executive.)
- November - The County Executive shall hold a public hearing on capital improvements.
- December - On or before the third Tuesday in December, the County Executive must submit a capital program to the County Council.
- February - On or before the third Tuesday in February, the County Council shall hold a public hearing on the capital program.
- March - On or before March 15, all county department heads or agencies in the executive branch of the county government must submit to the County Executive an itemized estimate of the revenues and expenditures of the department or agency for current expenses for the next fiscal year.
- April - On or before the third Tuesday in April, the County Executive shall submit to the County Council an expense budget for the next fiscal year and the budget message.
- May - On or before May 15, the County Council shall hold a public hearing on the expense budget.
- June - On or before June 1, or such date as set by resolution, but no later than June 15, the County Council must vote on the adoption of the county budget identified in legislative form as the Annual Budget and Appropriation Bill.