Wicomico County Local Management Board · 408 Coles Circle, Suite G Salisbury, MD 21804
Local Management Boards (LMBs) were created and funded by the state legislature to "ensure the implementation of a local, interagency service delivery system for children, youth and families." The Wicomico Partnership for Families and Children is the Local Management Board for Wicomico County.
The LMB is where the community works with public and private agencies to develop a vision and resource planning for services for all children and families in Wicomico County. We are a funding and program development agency that seeks local, state, and federal grants to initiate services and build needed resources for families and children. To find out about the programs we are currently funding, please visit our programs page.
The Wicomico County LMB is a County Department staffed with County employees and a local governance board with 24 members. Members from local child-serving public agencies make up 51% of the board while the other 49% are community representatives.
Our mission is to promote a safe, healthy, and stable environment for all Wicomico County children and families.
The Wicomico County Local Management Board
Relationships + Resources = RESULTS
The primary focus of LMB work is the re-allocation of resources towards supporting children and families before they are in crisis. After school programs, family support services, and youth development strategies build local capacity in prevention and intervention. Our goal is to ensure that a comprehensive system of services covering the entire continuum of care from prevention to crisis intervention is available to all families in our county and region.
Wicomico Partnership Promotes Forty Developmental Assets
Crucial relationships, experiences, opportunities, and personal qualities all children and adolescents need to grow up healthy, caring, and responsible. Based on research by the Search Institute www.search-institute.org