Board of License Commissioners regulates the sale and distribution of alcoholic beverages within Wicomico County. Under authority of Section 16-301(a) of Article 2B of the Annotated Code of Maryland, the Wicomico County Board of License Commissioners can adopt rules and regulations relating to the sale of alcoholic beverages.
Temporary Licensed Premise Expansion Requests
In anticipation of the Governor’s modification of current closure orders affecting restaurants, bars, and clubs, the Wicomico County Board of License Commissioners is issuing this guidance to aid license holders to request an expansion of the existing licensed premise to include an outdoor area of their place of business. Requests will be managed on a case by case basis. All approved requests will be temporary and expire as stated in the Board’s approval letter. You are encouraged to begin this process now.
a) Written Request by email to: email@example.com
The Wicomico County Board of License Commissioners
Attn: Christine Travis
212 W. Main Street, Suite 304
Salisbury Maryland 21801
b) Request Packet Contents: The request packet must include:
1) Diagram of proposed expansion area. Include the current licensed area and proposed expansion area and include linear dimensions and total square footage of indoor and outdoor space;
2) Certificate of Workers Compensation Insurance (obtained from your agent)
c) Provide to Board with Request Packet or prior to operation all required regulatory permits/approvals.
1) For All City of Salisbury locations – To Start this Process Go to and follow:
2) For All County Locations outside of City of Salisbury Corporate Limits:
a) Wicomico County Permits and Inspections and Fire Marshall: Occupancy and Seating Capacity - Certificate;
410-548-4810 – No Charge
b) Wicomico County Health Department approval:
Contact 410-546-4446 - Alison Marine
1) the expansion area must be enclosed by temporary fencing or rope line;
2) all safety and precautionary recommendations of Maryland Department of Health shall be followed;