To protect the natural resources located in Wicomico County by:
- Identifying and prioritizing the most at-risk parcels within the State's GI Assessment areas for acquisition, restoration and/or protection in order to target preservation efforts.
- Developing a GI plan that contains recommended strategies to protect at-risk GI parcels, using both private and governmental mechanisms.
- Creating stewardship plans for targeted properties that ensure their long-term protection.
- Developing standards to be followed in the review process when lands within identified GI areas are proposed for development.
- Coordinating with all other land protection efforts in the County.
The Advisory Committee shall consist of nine members, including a forester, wildlife expert, wetlands expert, local land trust representative, member of a local environmental organization, representatives from the agricultural community, Recreation Commission, Planning and Zoning Commission, City of Salisbury and a member of the County Council.
- Will Dyer - Forestry
- Judith Stribling - Wetlands
- Doug Stephens - Land Trust
- Bill McCain - County Council
- Chris McCabe - Environmental Organization
- Aaron Cooper - Agricultural Community
- Jared Parks - Wildlife
- Mandel Copeland - Planning Commission
- Alyssa Massey - City of Salisbury
These meetings are open to the public.
- 3:00 p.m.
- Second Tuesday of each month
- Government Office Building
Room 300 Conference Room
125 N. Division St.
Salisbury, MD 21801
- Contact Tyler Walston at 410-548-4860 or email@example.com for additional information
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda
| View All Agendas and Minutes